This article teachers you how to prevent your laptop from sustaining damage immediately after spilling a liquid on it. Keep in mind that despite the following information is the best way to handle a spill yourself, there is no guarantee that your laptop will be stored safely; Similarly, seeking professional help is a far better solution.
- Unplug the laptop and turn it off.
- Take the laptop out of the liquid.
- Turn the laptop over and remove the battery.
- Disconnect the external equipment.
- Open the laptop and place it on a towel.
- Wipe off any remaining liquid.
- Remove all the material you can.
- Dry internal components and remove any residue.
- Allow drying for at least 24 hours before turning it on.
1. Turn off the laptop and disconnect it from its power source immediately –
To do so, just hold down the laptop's power button. If the liquid Touches the circuits on the laptop while they are active, your laptop will most likely shorten, so the time is very important.
To disconnect the laptop from a power source, simply remove the charging cable from the laptop. It is usually on the left or right side of the laptop.
2. Remove the laptop from the residual liquid –
This will both minimize your laptop's exposure to more liquid and decrease the risk of electrical shock.
3. Turn the laptop upside down and remove the battery if possible –
You can usually do this by flipping your laptop over, sliding a panel from the bottom of the laptop and gently pulling on the battery.
This step is not possible on a MacBook without first unscrewing the bottom of the laptop from the rest of the housing.
4. Unplug all external hardware –
This includes the following items:
- USB devices (flash drives, wireless adapters, chargers, etc.)
- Memory cards
- Controllers (eg, your mouse)
- The laptop charger
5. Place a towel on a flat surface –
Here, you will configure your laptop for the next few days, so choose a hot, dry and unobtrusive area.
6. Open your laptop as much as possible and place it on the briefcase –
Depending on the flexibility of your laptop, everything from a laptop under the tent to a completely flat laptop will be possible. To speed up the process of drying the liquid, you can get a quick fix on the liquid to help.
7. Wipe all visible liquids –
To clean are the front and back of the screen, the case of the laptop and the keyboard.
Make sure your laptop is always with you while you do this.
8. Ground yourself before touching the internal components of your computer –
Grounding eliminates static electricity from your clothes or your body. Static electricity can easily destroy the circuit, so it is important to do this step before touching the RAM card or hard drive.
9. Remove all the material you can –
If you are not familiar with removing RAM, your computer's hard drive, and other internal removable components, you should bring your laptop to a professional repair service instead.
You can not find anything else for your specific material. Just search the factory and model number of your computer followed by “RAM Removal” (or the component you want to delete).
For a MacBook, you are one of the most successful builders in the world.
10. Dry all wet internal components –
To do this, you will need a microfiber cloth (or other lint-free cloth).
If there is too much water in your laptop, you must first empty it. Be extremely sweet.
11. Remove dry residues –
Use a lint-free cloth to gently remove all non-water stains, chippings, and other non-liquid residues.
12. Let your laptop dry –
You'll want to leave it alone for at least one day.
Remember to store your laptop in a dry, warm place. For example, a dehumidifier can improve the drying time.
Never use a hair dryer to speed up the drying process of your laptop because the heat concentration of a hair dryer is strong enough to damage the internal parts of your laptop.
13. Reassemble the laptop and turn it on –
If it does not start or if you notice a distortion in the sound or the display, you must entrust your laptop to a professional laptop repair service (for example, a Best Buy technical service).
14. Remove all residues if necessary –
Even if your laptop is up and running, you may have to deal with a sticky or oily substance. You can remove this debris by gently rubbing the affected area with a damp, lint-free cloth as you did when the laptop was drying.